Wednesday, September 30, 2009

At long last....

Finally, I have a few pix for you all. My batteries were low and then they completely died so it took a few days to get some new ones. Luckily Dieter has some rechargeable batteries, he is loaning me, so let's see how these do. I only put 4 pix on now because I do not know how long they take to download, so let me know if there are any troubles out there and/or give me a rough approximation of how long it takes.

The first pix is the guest house and where I am staying. The next one to the right is the view out of my house. The next two are views from the back of the house. This is where we we eat all of our meals, looking NE out into this stellar view. The buildings you see are of Girardota. You can see the patio in the picture on the right and underneath the structure is an outdoor kitchen with a sink and campstoves. The next photo is the main house. I included a picture of the rooftop because this is the most common roof I have seen. They look like interwoven terra cotta pots that are in half. Dieter was told that you can not stand on the roof itself because it will break. The last photo is M & D's gate. I will have more pictures of gates. They are very decorative here and every house is different. They also have decorative pieces in front most windows down here as well.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous place you're living at! Your guest house is adorable! The views are amazing! I love the gate, too!

    Very cool, Laura! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura- This is from Kaycee: "I really like your guest house. I think its cute. I also think it has a great view. Have the kids learned any English yet?"

    From me- Love the pictures! Love the story about tag! Bet those kids just LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete