Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hearts Wildly Open

Hearts Wildly Open
Breathe
Breathe love into the cup of your hands
and place your flaming palms
against your heart
Let this warmth
melt your fears
like wax before a fire
and watch the delicious softening reveal
the wildflower of your heart.
We must live
with Hearts Wide Open
HEARTS WILDLY OPEN


So I have had a switch of plans. A little delay in going to Patagonia. I am going to stay here in Ecuador for at least another 2 weeks. I love it here and I am going to go back and volunteer with ZooBreviven in the Alto Choco forest. I was invited back to help out and I am going to see how I like it for 2 weeks. If it works out, I will probably return after Patagonia.

I have spent the last 2 weeks on the coast of Ecuador. It is an interesting place. I have never before seen desert at the ocean. Cacti on mononliths and islands and walking on the way to the beach. The seafood has been fabulous - I am in love with Ceviche - a lemon juice broth with raw fish. MMMMmmmmm - Calamari is my favorite. It was hot at the coast - shorts, bathing suits, sarongs and nothing else for 2 weeks. I stayed with a friend in Guayaquil - the biggest city in Ecuador. It is a city that I have not wanted to visit because it is fairly unsafe. But I stayed in the safe part of the city - along the riverfront where there were armed guards everywhere at all times of the day and night. Guayaquil was miserably hot and humid - similar to Cartagena. AAARRRGGGHHH. 3 showers a day just to stay somewhat sane and keep my brain from boiling.

I was glad to leave after 3 days and am excited to be back in the mountains! Currently I am in Quito. I went to some thermal springs about 2 hours east of Quito. The mountain pass is at 4,000 meters ( around 12,000 feet) and is the gateway to the Amazonia. The thermal pools are just below the pass. It was beautiful - high mountains 360 degrees around and we were able to camp for the night. So hot soaks in the evening and in the morning. This morning on the way back to Quito, I caught a great glimpse of the Volcan Atinchinca - covered in snow. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment