Monday, February 15, 2010

I fell in love!!!!!






Chile, the last and longest country on the Grand Pacific Ocean here in South America. I made it to all 4 countries along our grand Pacific!!!! It is great to achieve even the smallest of goals you set. I remember being in my house in Eugene and showing my dear ski buddy Ed the world map on the back of my door and telling him how I wanted to see all the South American countries along the Pacific. I had no idea of how grand they would all be and I could not have planned my adventures any better. They have all been incredible!! But as I get to explore more and more of the outdoors, I understand why I wanted to come see the Andes.

Here is my latest love:


Volcan Parinacota












She is majestic and strong. Snow covers her back year round and she has an incredible, huge lake, Lago Chungara, at her base. The lake has flamingos calling it their home. I unfortunately was not able to get any great photos of them but was able to see them for myself! There were herds of llamas, vicuñas, and alpacas calling her land home as well. Back to my love, I started getting goosebumps, getting excited, hooting and hollering and my blood was pumping through my body as soon as I saw her. I know this is quite typical when I see snowy capped mountains, but it still was love at first sight! Then to see 7 -8 snowy peaks near and around her ahhhhhhh. How Mountains Girls Can Love!!! I just hope Mt Bachelor won´t take too much offense. Long distance relationships are hard - even after nearly 3 years of skiing on Bachelor´s back every month. I hope he will understand and I will do my best to make it up to him in July when I hope to ride on his back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment