Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tormenta

Wow there was quite a storm here in El Bolson last night - a lot of rain, lightning and thunder that would roll around in the valley for 2 - 3 minutes. Incredible!! Katja and I were camping and were fine until a lake started forming in my tent. Typically tents leak and drip from above when it's raining. Not my tent - I love my tent, it did great. Unfortunately we did not pick a good place to place the tent and the ground could not soak up all the water. This also happened to another tent so I did not feel as bad. There was much water around the whole camping area. I have never been chased out of my tent before. But I ran for shelter at about 5:30 am because I did not feel like swimming inside my sleeping bag. 3 cheers to a synthetic sleeping bag because I could still go back to sleep in it even when it was wet. Katja had a down bag and there was no more sleeping for her.
Quite the funny evening!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura, what an adventure you are having! We sure miss you! Emma's education just has not been the same without you : ) -Dani, Mike and Emma Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, do you carry your laptop with you on your hikes/camping trips? How?!

    ReplyDelete