Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

They celebrate Halloween down here very similarly to us. Trick or treating, parties, costumes and a lot of candy. Although an added bonus for the children is they can trick or treat at the corner markets too. The children don’t have to skip over the small markets and go to the next house. They get to make an added stop.

When trick or treating, I heard two different sayings the children say:
Por la paz, Por el amor. Da me dulces por favor [for peace, for love, give me sweets please] or

Tricky tricky Halloween quiero dulces parami o si no se te crece la nariz […. I want sweets for me or if not your nose will grow, Marcela also heard a similar one that instead of your nose growing long they said they would cut off your nose]






















Here are come close up pictures of coffee beans still on the bush.

















Some colorful fauna as well

No comments:

Post a Comment